Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only training class, Small Adult Manners 1.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $185 per dog (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $165)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 6 months of age or older and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners 1 class.)
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 dogs
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Sundays, February 24 - March 24, 4:00 - 5:00 pm with Lilly: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Wednesdays, February 27 - March 27, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Shoshi: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Thursdays, February 28 - March 28, 1:30 - 2:30 pm with Kimberlee: Register now, 2 seats remaining.
- Fridays, March 1 - March 29, 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Alisha: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Wednesdays, March 13 - April 10, 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Kimberlee: Register now, 1 seat remaining.
- Thursdays, March 21 - April 18, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Drew: Register now.
- Sundays, March 24 - April 21, 11:15 - 12:15 pm with Lilly: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Tuesdays, March 26 - April 23, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Josh: Register now.